Vitamin B6 in yer dreams

FWIW Department




B6 active component Pyridoxal phosphate (PSP)

I was recently prescribed Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid, as a remedy to alleviate impacted sinuses. But I grabbed a bottle of B6 (active component: pyridoxal phosphate) by mistake. Meera looked up what benefits I might get from this accidental purchase, and came across this interesting item in Wikipedia:
At least one preliminary study has found that this vitamin may increase dream vividness or the ability to recall dreams. It is thought that this effect may be due to the role this vitamin plays in the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin.
I have long noticed that my dreams tend to be particularly vivid if I take vitamin B complex before going to bed, but this is the first time I have ever seen such a correlation cited elsewhere. Maybe there is something to the B6 component.

I did have an unusually elaborate and vivid dream last night after taking B complex, along with an extra 100 mg of B6.

Spaghetti sauces and pizza sauces also seem to stimulate vivid dreams for me, but no one I've mentioned that to has reported similar experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eternal Idol, Dancing Sculpture (video)

Cooking Made Simple - Booklet for Jenn-Air/Maytag Ranges

Liberace and Edward R. Murrow