Musica della sera...Xmas Night (radio show)

(These are program notes for an old show...I'm updating my playlist page to include links, but this one, posted on Facebook, never made it to my blog site.)

The show is now up on the Internet to listen to on demand; see below for locating the link.

This was my chance to play some of my favorite Christmas music. I'm very pleased with the show, but there are some spectacular technical snafus* in the first ten minutes of the program...listen for them, it's fun! (suspenseful dead air, colliding medieval choirs, oh my! not to mention the host's tryptophanically torpid tongue...I had just come from Christmas dinner at my folks' house.)

ATTN: friends of Giselle Wyers, you can hear two of her compositions, "Ave Maria" and "Come, Come, Whoever You Are", about 1 hour and 36 minutes into the stream.

Listen to the show while there's still some residual Christmas in the air!

You can see what was played by referring to the playlist (originally broadcast 12/25/2008).



My wife, Meera Collier-Mitchell, and I take turns hosting the classical radio program Musica della sera on Thursday evenings, 7-9:30 (PT). This week I hosted.

KUSP Radio is now offering On Demand downloads of its music programs. Peruse the calendar listing, with audio links, of The Shows Available. Click the one for Musica della sera Thursday night to hear our show.

Each broadcast is available for download until it is replaced by the subsequent week's program.

You can also stream KUSP live of course.

*a pox on the runagate knave who, prior to my show, switched off one of the CD player controls on the board! Such a dirty trick, on a day of peace and goodwill!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eternal Idol, Dancing Sculpture (video)

Cooking Made Simple - Booklet for Jenn-Air/Maytag Ranges

Liberace and Edward R. Murrow